• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - April VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

I never had that urge, and still don't know why I ended up in the Czech Republic instead of Canada.

I am more of a "go West, young man". Not so young anymore, but the urge is still there.
Robo, you still on the right direction. Thinking of this great documentary

......and you will see some KrAz......and of course you visit Alex. ;) ;)

Guyfang

Staff member
Sign me up! For a few years, that's all I drank for schnapps here in Germany. Russian Vodka. In the early 70's, it was not all that easy to get here. You could find it, but had to look. There were three places in Bamberg, between where I hung out, and my bed in the Barracks. The way back, seemed long. Not wanting to dehydrate, I would stop in at those watering holes. Maybe that's why it seemed like a long walk?

WarHorse_Alex

The MAN KAT1 has a side mounted winch. You can get the rope out either at the front or rear. The steel rope is 9/16 (14mm) dia.

Screenshot_20181217-170701.jpg

How long a rope on drum? And is it haven't any pre-tension devices?

Kraz as many heavy truck, have same bi-directional winch also. But it installed under bed in frame, behind cab. If it will use fir rear winching - all simple, but if you planed use it for front - it take many times for re-cabling. Need to remove thug, run a rope back, and loop around frame at passenger side along all truck to front bumper. There is service hatch in bed floor above winch.
And need to say - if you will use this under serious load - metal rope will jamm often on drum without pre-tension - it will damage rope more and more...

1619232681907.png

WarHorse_Alex

Cleaning the field from trees, bushes and stumps. It's doing slowly. First push greeny by dozer. If tree to big and dozer can't to fall it down - just cut by chainsaw and after pull a stump by this truck. After that cut in logs a downed trees and Kraz take it to base, where we chop it to firewood. Not bad, not bad - it will a year reserve for BBQ weekends sessions xDDDDD
IMG_9158.jpg
IMG_9160.jpg
IMG_9646.jpg
IMG_9647.jpg
IMG_9657.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks