• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - June VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Hypnotoad

2. Tracer

3. Fuzzytoaster

4. kendelrio

5. Chucky

6. Migginsbros

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2561.JPG
DSCF2565.JPG
DSCF2568.JPG
DSCF2569.JPG
DSCF2566.JPG
DSCF2570.JPG
When I purchased this M38A1 with a build date of 12-53 several years ago. Then I found out how little I knew about Military Jeeps. I found out that my Jeep had a civilian F-134 engine that had no breather, and the wrong carburetor. The Jeep had been owned by a F.D. so the paint under the OD is red, and maybe that's how the civilian engine ended up under the hood. So I thumbed through the TMs, and found the correct part numbers for the breather tube, carburetor, and valve cover. I found most of the parts I needed at the Spring MVCC Petaluma show. I scrounged the fording device off e-bay. Here are some pictures of the engine with the engine getting upgraded to military spec. After two new batteries and a carburetor rebuild the engine starts and runs smooth. I will post some more recent pictures soon.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first build first time the vehicle of the month . I bought the truck at FT CAMBELL the end of 18 with no idea what it was going to turn into i just wanted to have something to beat around in the woods never planed for it to see the blacktop at all and i had just retired from 31 yrs on the road and i knew i had better find something to do with idle hands before i got into trouble . Then my oid buddy told me about STEELSOLDIERS and ive been hooked every since and it felt like i hit the lottery all these folks helping one another that theyve never met it was like nothing id ever run into so 2 yrs later my beat the woods truck has slowly turned into a camper im finaly getting in the last months at my pace to finishing it up im installing a 12k mini split this week then move back outside for nerf bars and cab rack and bolt my winch on then start on the cab interior so hopefully by fall start on the 1082 trailer to put behind it with a jeep im guessing sp thanks to all of you for being the folks you are and all the help youve given me along the way hopefully i can pay it forward to the newbies coming in like i was 2 yrs ago and still am but im trying ! VAYA CON DIOUS my good friends

Migginsbros

Some offroad pics, two years ago.

And....we´ve got some troop seats and a 7 step ladder with rail. Good for parades. But there are no parades in our area.:(

There is a curious feature. Because you have no rear window to the drivers cabin. Troops can give singnal with a switch plugged into the socket at the rear of the engine compartment. A buzzer under the dash will tell the driver to stop the truck if anything went wrong.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

Migginsbros

Welcome Hypnotoad,
added you to the European member list. Sign in if you want to get updates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks