• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - May VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. The winner each month will receive a one of a kind decal with their win! If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Soupermike

2. hrbergeron

3. nayrbrellim

4. Tracer

5. Radiogeek99

6. westcoastjeeper

7. fuzzytoaster

8. Jeep Nasty

9. Robo McDuff

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most interesting fact about this truck?

truck a bagr-2.jpg

This is the original M51A2 dump truck "Rambo" as I bought it and brought it to the "Spanish Inquisition" (the Dutch DoT vehicle car compliance checking institute RDW) for the first time.

2011 July APK  003c.jpg

This is my now converted M52A2 tractor "Rambo" going for the final check at the RDW.

IMG_9113_resize.JPG

This is my officially registered M512A2 last year; back again in its original status as dump truck. The hoist still works but a valve lever is broken.

With all stuff in place, like a crane next to it, I can unbolt the dump bed including subframe, hydraulic oil reservoir and pump and lift it off the truck and put aside. Then I can put the 5th wheel on the main frame, bold it down, and legally have a tractor, all within one hour max. And back again.

Not something for every day. But for a show or some real work, easy enough.

:jumpin::cookoo::driver:

Last edited:

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More Pictures of this sexy beast, she isn't the prettiest truck but she gets the job done and turns heads wherever we go, whether it's a run to Lowes or to downtown for an ice cream. My favorite story is when my daughter came home from college for a break she drove Juhnay around, that weekend she met my boss and he asked her if she was nervous driving such a big truck, she said "nervous, why would I be nervous, everyone else should be nervous I'm the biggest thing on the road". She graduated Norwich University 2 years ago and is now a 1LT in the Army Reserves.

Attachments

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This actually is a hard vote, if my own truck wasn't in this month I'm not entirely sure which one I would vote for - so just to help everybody out with their decision making process go ahead and vote for Juhnay the Bobbed 5 ton. LOL

This was Veterans day parade a few years ago...
Photo 6.jpg

Jeep Nasty

Nothing to exotic. This is an M916 that went through the 2012 rebuild and got the Allison seven speed transmission behind the Cummins big cam III.

I think the designation would be M916A0E1

I found a turret on eBay and decided to put a gun ring up above the winch in the back with a cradle that holds a display M2 Or I can mount my M82A1 in it.

Then I built a gnarly Mad Max style front bumper.

It a has a 2” 5th wheel plate from an m915A1 and the transfer case has been moved back about 12” to allow for a longer jack shaft from the transmission.

Now I pull stuff around and have a cool place for Santa or the Easter bunny sit in during the local parades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the last two years, I finally got the steering box to work again, repaired the left front brake and repacked the hub, and made sure the hoist worked again as should be.

IMG_0541c.jpgIMG_0526c_resize.jpg Rob Army Truck 006_resize.JPG
When you open the steering gear box, you shouldn't find this (pics left). The replacement I got from the Netherlands from a grown-over wreck had some problems also (like full of water), but I managed to make one good one out of two bad ones.

IMG_8719_resize.JPG IMG_8729_resize.JPG

The truck was pulling to the right when doing a hard brake. Finally opened the left hub, and found a bit of water there. Cleaned and honed the brake cylinder, installed a new seal, packed everything in grease, and reassembled without problem. Don't know why I was so scared for this job and why I did not do it earlier. Maybe because the nearest parts shop was 600 miles away.

8BE76A49-5E80-480F-AC6F-02D420B41862.jpeg AD94E242-FF93-40AC-B576-F43B515F1584.jpeg IMG_9113_resize.JPG

Oops, the lever on the hoist valve assembly broke. With a steel rod, I managed to imitate the lever, and lo and behold, the hoist still worked; it was just the connections that were out of alignment.

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only truck on this page worthy of beating my Juhnay is JeepNasty (that Warrig is pretty badass) but I see how it is, everybody wants to vote for the pretty painted beauties, LOL. The guys voting for the showroom pieces are the same guys that surrounded the hot blonde at the NCO club and never got anywhere.

I'm only kidding yall, just tryin to stir it up a bit.

Jeep Nasty

Used the war rig to pick up a gift for my wife for being tolerant of my green iron addiction.

I did have a white knuckle front tire blow out on the way That also activated the ejection seat for my drivers headlight somewhere on route 3 headed toward cape cod.

I regret not having my air tools or robo impact with me which was foolish since I put 400 miles on the truck yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has not been restored yet, but we still made a poster explaining its history and role in the Cold War in Europe, and how it ended up first in the Netherlands and then in the Czech Republic.

poster-nakladak-r.jpg

The picture left bottom corner shows a line of dump trucks with coal for Berlin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks