• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apart from being build in WW II and heavily used by the military, any known military history of this specific machine? This is also a POMS surplus?

Guyfang

Staff member
We need to talk to Tim about a new calendar. I may not be able to get them all sent to me first and then send them out, but need to talk to the Post Mistress. I got wacked on the hand last year, for it being too heavy, or the customs tag had a price that was over some NEW limit. Cant remember. Maybe Tim can dredge it up from his burned out brain cells.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We need to talk to Tim about a new calendar. I may not be able to get them all sent to me first and then send them out, but need to talk to the Post Mistress. I got wacked on the hand last year, for it being too heavy, or the customs tag had a price that was over some NEW limit. Cant remember. Maybe Tim can dredge it up from his burned out brain cells.
Yes Sir... I found out (too late) that it needs to be broken down in to three packages if I remember correctly - to come in under the weight for last year. According to my notes 16 ounces was SUPPOSED to be the magic weight for APO packages. After the fact...

I have been gathering the pictures for the first ten months so we can be ready as soon as December is decided. I haven't asked for permission to do them again, but I had planned to have a 2022 version.

INFChief

From there I started looking around for ways to "improve" her.... I started small;

A friend of mine gifted me a 5 gallon Jerry can, so I ordered a strap from our very own @Valence After my boy spent a LOT of time prepping it, sanding it and painting it, we got it mounted correctly

View attachment 850901

From there, I decided I needed convoy lights... after ordering a set from @jraney I got them and decided to install... I'm sure many of us remember the cluster that was me trying to figure out how to install them. After giving up on the military instructions, I decided to install them and run power from my console toggle switch instead of the convoluted method the Army uses...

View attachment 850902

After painting the hardware black, mounting and testing... I have convoy lights!

View attachment 850903

Shortly thereafter, my PCB took a dive, so I researched and bought the needed solenoids from O'reillys and rebuilt it.
View attachment 850904

At this time, I saw a member was moving and selling some convoy signs, so I reached out...
View attachment 850905

Then @m715mike pointed to a great deal from @Csm Davis for some new bows and cargo cover... after meeting him and picking up a SWEET NOS kit, Bertha had a new dress...

View attachment 850906

While I was at Jeff's house, he casually asked "Do you need an antenna?"

My answer? "Of COURSE I do!"

View attachment 850907

During all of this, I was scrolling FB marketplace and got in touch with a man who had some "Chemical decontamination units" and he was cool enough to gift me one.... while deciding where to mount it, I realized Bertha already had matching holes in her driver's fender for it!

View attachment 850908

So here she is, 10 months later.... I have a M105A2 that I'm also working on, so that may be another thread....

View attachment 850909

And a "then and now"

View attachment 850910
Promote that kid.

M.Ellis

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2

Truck features:

8” lift (black rock fab)
53”s
Power steering
Dump bed
15,000lb winch
ARB air lockers front & rear
Block heater
12 volt inverter
Hood strut kit
Headlight guards
5 ton toolbox
Some led lighting
Dual dash rifle mounts
Rear sliding window
MRAP steps
Lock out hubs
Boost/pyro gauge

Future upgrades:

Dual circuit disc brakes (hopefully this winter)
5.9 Cummins swap

I enjoy driving the truck as much as I can. Got 2 best of show trophies out of 3 car shows I took it to this past summer. Kids love it and I love it. Always gets a crowd wherever it goes. Have some plans with toys for tots this year and some parades next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 851365
Yes, each valve has his own cam. A view behind the cam cover of a 45cui. That explains the 'noisy' idle. ;) :cool:
Chris, here's a new Evo Sportster engine. 70 years after your 45ci. flathead came off the assembly line, new sportsters still have the same 4 cam design. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in Milwaukee. :cool:
unnamed.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks