• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an AMAZING NAIL BITING RACE!!! Super proud of EVERYONE!

That said...

When I first saw Bertha... she had been sitting in a field for several years....

I could lie and say it was love at first sight, but I wont...

I had to look really hard to see her potential...

Screenshot_20210827-212607_Messages.jpg

She had a LOT of dirt and moss on her... flats all the way around and trees growing close to her, not to mention I was intimidated by her sheer size and my lack of knowledge.

But me never being one to back down from a challenge pulled the trigger and got ready for recovery day... it was about 38° and I had some AWESOME helpers, and the gent I bought her from came through with a portable air compressor and LOTS of knowledge to drop!

20210213_084435.jpg

received_824449755078965.jpeg

Then, once I learned how to start her (😳) a quick run through of controls and some whacking on a wheel with a sledge to release a brake, we were headed home!

received_1057741131301437.jpeg

Of course, we got home and I just stared at her in awe.... until the fact she was so dirty started bugging me...

20210930_155415.jpg

And then she was home and clean... and then the real work began, which I've chronicled earlier...

20210930_155843.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: