• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - January VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Migginsbros

2. ToddJK

3. BDGR

4. 71DeuceAK

5. Pops506th

6. Cape Coastie

7. hambone

8. Weldman

BDGR

I don't have much I can post about my XM757 to campaign for it. No action shots or her at any event yet. I bought her 6~ months ago in a package deal of 2. SUPPOSEDLY she runs. The business I bought them from said one of their mechanics jumped her off the day before I drove up to pay for them. Half her wiring and and fuel/air lines are just cut out/missing so I am remaking wiring harnesses and such before trying to start her to make sure there I don't burn her down on accident. Take it slow and do it right or something like that.

IMG_20220730_102805238_HDR.jpg

Being a XM757, She was used in Pershing missile units during the 70s/early 80s, most likely having pulled the Erector/Launcher trailer for the missiles. So, you know, just your average 'Nuke Truck'

IMG_20220730_100924031_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220730_103829542_HDR.jpg

z4.jpg

It's going to take a long while, but she will be back on the road someday and attending events and parades. She is worth saving. Eventually I might sacrifice a M35A3 to save her sister too.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have much I can post about my XM757 to campaign for it. No action shots or her at any event yet. I bought her 6~ months ago in a package deal of 2. SUPPOSEDLY she runs. The business I bought them from said one of their mechanics jumped her off the day before I drove up to pay for them. Half her wiring and and fuel/air lines are just cut out/missing so I am remaking wiring harnesses and such before trying to start her to make sure there I don't burn her down on accident. Take it slow and do it right or something like that.

View attachment 888865

Being a XM757, She was used in Pershing missile units during the 70s/early 80s, most likely having pulled the Erector/Launcher trailer for the missiles. So, you know, just your average 'Nuke Truck'

View attachment 888866

View attachment 888867
View attachment 888868

It's going to take a long while, but she will be back on the road someday and attending events and parades. She is worth saving. Eventually I might sacrifice a M35A3 to save her sister too.
What's awesome is my M37 is designated an XM387 Peroxide fueling truck for a nuclear missile! That's just cool!

hambone

The Converto was built under a Navy contract, they are rare, Chuck Lutz(RIP) said he had only 4 registered in his database. I found it in a field while cruising the backroads here in arkansas, I thought it was a M100 when I bought it, notice the front handbrake.
IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0499.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg

Migginsbros

Good day to you´ll. This month some information about our 1987 Freightliner Unimog 419 SEE small emplacement excavator. We found this one near Nürnberg, Bavaria, Germany in the summer of 2013.

SEE FLU419 004.jpg

SEE FLU419 002.jpg

She was delivered on a nice trailer.
This truck was build with axel, engine,trany, cab, etc. in Gaggenau ,Germany.
After the truck arrived at Freightliner USA she was build to be a FLU 419 SEE.
Equipped with a Case excavator , a Schmidt USA front loader and a hydraulic work station to drive aditional hand tools.

Unimog SEE Ausfahrt29.12.13 008.jpg

Fortunately this one find his way back to a USA allied post in Germany . So after his service he got a good home
as a retired steel soldier in Berlin, Germany.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@patracy @papabear and everyone else too....

Thanks for again perpetuating this Monthly member participation series. I believe that this interactive nomination, campaigning, and polling is healthy for our Members. Maybe our audience participation would benefit from some additional word-of-mouth promotions of this thread by our current participants and thread subscribers.

Let's rally the Troops, y'all ! ! !

As a side note, when Drew posts the "POLL IS UP" announcement when closing the nomination thread, I just wonder how many start drooling and panting.....
(It's a POLL, not a POLE - as in pole dancing, ya know.)
Anyway, this month has some very interesting and diverse candidates. I'm looking forward to both the campaigning and seeing the popular votes.

Carry on.

BDGR

I don't have more about my ownership I can campaign with, but I can campaign with the historical significance of it.

Designed in the 60s during the space/arms race. Their purpose was to make the Pershing nuclear missile a very mobile system. They only made about 175 of the tractors. Most were based in Germany with the 56th field artillery where they would rotate from setup 24/7 at a base ready to launch to hiding in the woods to refitting then starting the cycle over.
c8885392e6763e5644dc9e6b8fcf2a18.jpg

I describe them as the physical manifestation of foreign policy during the Cold War which is pretty neat. Too bad making a replica trailer is far beyond my scope. It was also once described as a "Supertruck" for whatever that counts.

mzd9293.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good day to you´ll. This month some information about our 1987 Freightliner Unimog 419 SEE small emplacement excavator. We found this one near Nürnberg, Bavaria, Germany in the summer of 2013.

View attachment 888902

View attachment 888903

She was delivered on a nice trailer.
This truck was build with axel, engine,trany, cab, etc. in Gaggenau ,Germany.
After the truck arrived at Freightliner USA she was build to be a FLU 419 SEE.
Equipped with a Case excavator , a Schmidt USA front loader and a hydraulic work station to drive aditional hand tools.

View attachment 888904

Fortunately this one find his way back to a USA allied post in Germany . So after his service he got a good home
as a retired steel soldier in Berlin, Germany.
That blue trailer is " DOPE " I hate to think what it cost !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks