• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - March VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. m715mike

2. SCM35A2

3. kendelrio

4. 5TID

5. Jeep Nasty

6. VPed

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my 1964 M35 A1/A2 w/winch truck, was converted over to an M2 model/multi-fuel in the late 80’s. I have owned the truck now for 5 years. The truck was in decent condition when I got her, so I started with the mechanical stuff to get her road ready. I pulled off all the wheels, removed 40 plus years of paint & repainted them. While doing that all of the brake components were replaced-(wheel cylinders, bearings, seals/gaskets, all hoses, master cylinder, rebuilt the air pack, brake shoes-all) & added a brake fluid reservoir kit to the inside of the truck. Other mechanic parts replaced was the entire exhaust system from the turbo back, speedometer/tachometer cables, gauge grounds, all filters-(oil/fuel/air), front axle boots, belts & removed the old axle vents & replaced them with ¼ fittings that allowed me to run the air lines up & away from them-(see pic). I also swapped out the old battery box for an updated/bigger plastic version so I could run two group 31 batteries along with all new cables & grounds. One last thing was to have the starter rebuilt & replaced the old solenoid. So now she starts, runs & stops!

Next I swapped out off the reflectors, headlights, air breather stack, mudflap guards/mudflaps-(semi-trailer) top winch plate & added a cover to it. Tailgate needed some new step handles & rear bushings so those were replaced as well too. Scored a vintage military issue Pioneer tool kit, so installed that along with all new hold down straps.

On the inside I’ve only done a few things such as new upper/lower passenger seat cushions, new pedal covers, shifter boot, new wiper motors & blades, starter push button, added a battery kill switch & new fire extinguisher.

The truck has the LDT-465-1D multi-fuel engine with the whistler c turbo & besides me completely taking it apart to clean/detail-paint everything its basically stock. The truck came with the non-air assisted transfer case, but however that has been since swapped out to the air powered model.

I just recently bought an M105 trailer to pull behind her & also have a tow bar that I plan to mount in the bed as well. As soon as I swap out the hard top on her for the better shape one I’m going to have a few rust spots fixed & repaint it.

I'm going to post pics of what I started with & how she currently looks...

m715mike

@SCM35A2 - wholly cow! That’s awesome… and you are putting the rest of us to shame right off the bat!

All right folks…. We need to reach a common understanding on two things…. 1) All of the MVs in this month’s contest are awesome, and 2) They are all really big paper weights without fuel.

Point number 2 is why you should vote for my 400 gallon Air Force de-fueling cart. Yup, that’s right… de-fueling cart. I can siphon the good stuff out of those unsuspecting birds on the flight line and pump that petrol into your favorite MV. This doesn’t get any better. It’s like the MV version of Robbin Hood… Take from the fueled and give to the thirsty!

458D4B8B-38B6-4149-8A66-31385A386B1E.jpeg

Last edited:

5TID

Hi everyone. My truck is a 1989 M923A2 that went through a rebuild in 2011 and was also outfitted with the ROPS cab. I acquired the truck about 6 months ago and have had an amazing time tinkering and driving it around town. It has been such a great experience meeting all the people who stop and want to talk about the truck. I have a build thread already with all the things I have done here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/5tids-m923a2-rops-build-thread.212241/

I just want to say I am looking forward all the events I have planned this year with the truck. Thanks!

Just got some new shoes today!
20230316_172516.jpg

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone. My truck is a 1989 M923A2 that went through a rebuild in 2011 and was also outfitted with the ROPS cab. I acquired the truck about 6 months ago and have had an amazing time tinkering and driving it around town. It has been such a great experience meeting all the people who stop and want to talk about the truck. I have a build thread already with all the things I have done here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/5tids-m923a2-rops-build-thread.212241/

I just want to say I am looking forward all the events I have planned this year with the truck. Thanks!

Just got some new shoes today!
View attachment 893312
Great looking truck! Would it possible for you to post some pics of the inside, I'd like to see the roll cage/bar set up on these trucks. Thanks

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last set, I think...

She's not perfect for sure lol, but this was my first truck so I wanted to go "old school" plus its the type of truck my dad worked on & drove while he was in Vietnam. Good luck to everyone listed...Donny
I am a HUGE fan of "sweat equity" and the emotional investment you get from it. Not only does your MV run better, but you know it intimately.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck started life as an expandable van truck before being modified by the Army into an extra-long, drop-side bed for service resupplying Patriot missle batteries out on McGregor Range on Ft. Bliss TX. I have added LED offroad lights, rearview camera, comfy seats, H-4 headlights, and a 12 volt converter. I cut down the stock passenger seat to hold two batteries, which provides room for a comfy passenger seat with storage underneath. I aquired a 1971 HiLo travel trailer that I modified for use as a slide-in truck camper on my truck. The camper is completely self sufficient and can be offloaded by one person in about an hour. This gives the versatility of using it as a cargo truck or camper as the need arises.

str 1.jpg
str 2.jpg
str 3.JPG
str 4.jpg
str 5.jpg

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice competitors this month. Like them all. But interessted in VPeds truck pics. What is that big trench under the truck at the family pic ? Do you have some pics from the inside of this expandable trailer body?
Have Fun. :cool: :cool:
The trench is due to erosion from water runoff. I will look for pictures of the interior of the camper. Thanks for the interest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks