• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cobra5

Not much to show on the tug as I haven't done much other than cleaning it up and removing the push bar the forest service put on it. Interesting thing about the tug is that its 1 of 30 that had the brake system modified by the military to allow it to pull MHU-196 or MHU 173 munition trailers. The tug was stationed at Fairchild AFB in WA when they had the B-52 and worked in the ammo dump.

DeMilitarized

I've been swapping out parts here & there and my goal is to make her as clean as she was when she rolled of the assembly line back in 1991. Once everything is done on the outside Ill paint her back as she is...

I dont think that air filter will flow enough cfm of air to keep the egt down on that 8.3. Im running a m915 air filter and finally stopped being restricted and had to cut the air filter housing apart to be able to fit it.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont think that air filter will flow enough cfm of air to keep the egt down on that 8.3. Im running a m915 air filter and finally stopped being restricted and had to cut the air filter housing apart to be able to fit it.
I've been running it on the truck for over a year with zero issues plus I don't do any heavy hauling with my truck or even off road her. At current she's basically a parade & take to car/truck events to show off.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a complete rebuild thread HERE, in the mean time, I've decided to change her registration from a regular vehicle to Historic Military Vehicle, so in accordance with Louisiana law, "Dirty Gerty" had to come off of the hood, to be replaced by her VIN:

View attachment 910809
View attachment 910810
View attachment 910811
View attachment 910812

Of course, now my brain is running full speed, so there will be some more changes and updates when I get in from offshore, and hopefully I'll get them posted before the end of the poll.
Whats under the truck a dana 60/70 and a t-98 trans ? What year is it ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks