• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2024 - January VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a short time almost 20 years ago, the M51 was bedless after some factory welds failed .. ... .. Anyway, the M51's "bedless" look also gave me the opportunity to re-create a scene for a viet-vet friend who was with 597th Trans and 588th Combat Engineer .. The trailer pictured is an all-original beer trailer, and M52's sure were seen occasionally with commercial trailers in-country... He joked his time with the 597th was spent drinking the beer he hauled..:LOL: (but his 2nd tour, spent with the 588E, was quite the opposite experience)

View attachment 915394

View attachment 915395
:mad::mad:
Logged in too late, too much going on. My vote would have gone to msgjd.

Always love to see an M51 doubling as M52. Below my M51A2 in both versions. Normally its an M51, but I can switch to M52 and back in an hour or so.

M51-M52.jpg

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:mad::mad:
Logged in too late, too much going on. My vote would have gone to msgjd.

Always love to see an M51 doubling as M52. Below my M51A2 in both versions. Normally its an M51, but I can switch to M52 and back in an hour or so.

View attachment 915865
thanks .. during the years prior landing an M52 and the M818's, I was looking into obtaining the pieces to switch my M51 back and forth, it's easier to convert an M51 to M52 than the other way around... Procrastination (or just being too busy) works well when something better-suited eventually could fall in our laps.. Don't feel bad ! ... I didn't vote for my own truck, I voted for the awesome migginsmobile !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks