• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - April VOTE HERE!

Vote for April SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...here's my shameless plug for my M818...I know the pics suck but at least she performed in a magnificient manner. Here's the story.

Columbus 911 called us today to move an abandoned trailer from the turn lane in front of DMV of all places!! Seems all eight of the trailer tires burned beyond use and the rig was stuck. Evidently, another wrecker service was supposed to handle the mess but didn't...and yes...there's a lot more to the story then I'll go into...BUT...the driver dropped the trailer and went on his merry way and left the loaded 2014 Wabash trailer loaded with 41K sitting.....for almost 24 hours!! Well CPD got some irate calls from DMVS saying they wanted the trailer moved ASAP and we were called in.

As fate would have it, both of my road tractors were gone...one in NC and the other in lower Alabama and both heavy wreckers had calls backed up for all day. What to do?

I called Columbus tire to take 8 tires out and put them on and called my insurance company and had the M818 added to the fleet insurance and long story short, I took a crew out with BabyBear to supervise and we got the rig back to the impound lot.

Just goes to show...you NEVER know when a FMV will come back into service and save the day!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For any of the guys that were up at the MTA show this weekend don't forget my mule that was on part delivery detail this weekend. Saved alot of guys alot of walking.:wink:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yea, then you have to rally votes like this..
Shaking babies and kissing hands like any election. :D

DOH!!!aua

I thought we were supposed to kick the babys and bite the hands!!!:roll:

I have GOT to get my hearing checked!!

But seriously. you have a REALLY nice vehicle!:beer:

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

Thanks! That means alot because I've seen your sharp truck.
It was a remove, repair, reinstall and cut, beat and weld rebuild. VERY tight budget! I was just lucky to have been trained by Uncle Sam to do all the work on it.
But the race isn't over yet!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So...looks like the polls are closing and all precincts are reporting in.

I just called CNN and FOX News Networks and they both are calling the win for Whiterabbit's outstanding jeepie!!:beer:

I have this to say about that: CONGRATS BRO and:[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks