• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tankdriver

Thought I'd tell you why I picked the 701 TD A2 as the markings on my WC.....

Good friend of mine, Rudy Grisanti's Dad (Dino Grisanti) was in the 701 TD. So we are doing our local MVPA chapter as 701 TD. We have 3 Anti-tank guns my 57mm, a 37mm being restored, and a 3" being restored.

His Dad started in a halftrack with the French 75 in it. He fought at the Kasserine pass during Operation Torch. Then they put him in a M8, He with through Sicily, and Italy. He captured a platoon size group of Germans by circling the town square in a Jeep with a 50 and firing into the buildings till they surrendered. He won a Bronze Star for that. He then had a Jeep blown out from under him and went to hospital for recovery, and got the Purple Heart. After he got out, he was transferred to France, and finished the war in Europe as TD.

A funny thing is he was 1 generation out of Italy, and during WW2 they usually did not send you to fight "at Home". He said he knew a lot of the places he was fighting.

So that is why I chose the 701 TD markings. The 37mm will be vehicle A1 when finished, my WC63 is A2, and when finished the 3" will be vehicle A3.

So that's my story.....

IMG_2341.jpg

Last edited:

Blueduce

That's a really cool story. I like it when someone restores and MV for a reason or has a great story attached to it. It kinda brings a different light, almost life to the vehicle. I had the same idea in mind and this is the reason I bought and decided to restore a 1951 M43 Ambulance. My Dad was 1st Marines in Korea, was wounded and was transported back to the MASH from the aid station in just this MV. In some way I hope he or his story lives on through the vehicle.

Blueduce

Final stencil application. The weather cooperated today and yesterdays rain didn't wash off all our hard work. Anyway, that's the lot. I have a few more to order such as the "no step" that goes on the mushroom and the "sling point" that goes between to rear wheels on the frame support. If you can see the troop seats are back on but incomplete. The will be stored on the deuce till fall and some cooler weather when I can get them finished. Her first outing is just around the corner along with a full event schedule for this fall. She will be entered in either the Dallas or Ft Worth Veterans Day parade along with the Alliance air show and Sky Ball this year.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like with in other voting, last minute campaigning by one side and complacency by the other can change the outcome. So let's not rest too early but get out the vote and support DavePs XM818A2W/W sleeper cabin truck. With that one secure in the lead for this month we can use the fuel trailer to can help fuel up Patracy's choice tank as lead horse to go the full mile and win next month's vote!

vote.jpg....... XM818A2WW with chopper.jpg ....... vote.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The story behind the WC should be enough for MV of the year!
That would be an idea. In January or February, make a special vote ONLY between the winners of last year, contending which of the twelve winners of 2014 will be the MV of the year 2014.

m715mike

That would be an idea. In January or February, make a special vote ONLY between the winners of last year, contending which of the twelve winners of 2014 will be the MV of the year 2014.
I was thinking that should be done in December of each year. Eleven winners (January - November) have a run-off in December for the title of "MV of the Year"! Then you start fresh in January.

Of course the MV of the Year's owner should be awarded a winning lottery ticket, have a holiday named in their honor, etc. etc. etc.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I plan on making a MV of the year vote as well. Only the winners of the monthly contest will be in the running for it.

Now, back to the tank. I need 5 votes now.

m715mike

It appears that this poll has closed, and in my opinion, the best truck won!

Congratulations DaveP! You have one awesome rig!

And I got two votes this month!!!! That rocks!!!! Thanks guys. Let me know who you two are and I'll PM you a case of beer!!!:beer:

m715mike

Final stencil application. The weather cooperated today and yesterdays rain didn't wash off all our hard work. Anyway, that's the lot. I have a few more to order such as the "no step" that goes on the mushroom and the "sling point" that goes between to rear wheels on the frame support. If you can see the troop seats are back on but incomplete. The will be stored on the deuce till fall and some cooler weather when I can get them finished. Her first outing is just around the corner along with a full event schedule for this fall. She will be entered in either the Dallas or Ft Worth Veterans Day parade along with the Alliance air show and Sky Ball this year.

Sir, the pictures and progress you've posed are amazing. You certainly have a truck to be proud of! I look forward to seeing her in person at a rally or other event some day!!

Whiterabbit

I'd like to tank everyone for showing us your wonderful vehicles and tank Patracy for putting up with the ribbing and tongue n cheek fun.
Tanks for all your hard work on these sharp looking vehicles and plenty of tanks for those that voted.

Tanks,
Mike

Blueduce

Well, I didn't win but thanks to all that believed in the "Little Deuce that could". A second place tie with that gorgeous tank that Augdog entered is indeed something to be proud of. I don't know if this hobby of ours is a disease or a labor of love. Either way I'm glad I caught the bug.
My deuce will be garaged at the Military Heritage Collection Museum and motor pool. If anybody finds themselves in the Dallas area with time on there hands you are more than welcome to stop in for a visit. We are out I-30 N/E of Dallas about 20 min from town. Check us out at www.fubarmotorpool.com or www.militaryheritagecollection.org

dmetalmiki

If memory serves me correct, it was Dave's wife who painted the back of the juicer. Look real close you will likely see a pintle on the back too. He can take a spare with him.

Edit; Proof!
View attachment 512268
Wow! and I thought I "did long" that combination I would just love to see trucking down the road..(A video would be interesting..(just a thought))

Attachments

tankdriver

Congratulations to Dave, and to everybody who's vehicle was thought enough of to be nominated at all....

It nice to have your work, and passion appreciated by someone.

Thanks to the guys who voted for my old Dodge.....

Thanks for the nomination and all the support! I use the ole truck to bring Honor and Respect to my Veterans, Active duty and the Fallen. I built The custom tractor to better suit my needs to yank the tanker around. It seems to be well received wherever it goes.
Next stop --- Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show St Ignace Michigan Sept 12th - 13th.

Thank You
Dave P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks