• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - January VOTE HERE!

Vote for January SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

I like them all, but have to go with PB's "Proud American" as the one that sets the standard. It just takes my breath away and I look over it in awe at the Ga. Rallies.

p.s. Thanks for adding the poll. I want to vote for them all, and didn't really like to pick any one out of the crowd of such beautiful machines, but I voted before the poll was up. Figures.

edit:
Also, Andrew, I just love this idea of yours. Congratulations. As a process improvement, if you could add a link for each, chosen by the owner, I feel that would help some as well. The owner might have a "build" link.
The value comes in, on such an example as Ray's trailer. The outside of this one, may not compete with the amazing detail and level of effort put into the inside. A "build" link where people could see his work as it proceeded and came to a finished product would be amazing. Rayzer I want to see the inside in person for the next Ga. Rally. I enjoyed our chat time at the last one.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I nominated Wildchild467's truck.

If you read the thread on his truck, you will understand his love of his truck and enjoyment that he gets from it. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?79769-Totaled-Deuce-Gets-Rebuilt

There is tough competition in this poll. All are well deserving of credit and respect.

For those that look at his truck and say it's a fine example of an M35A2, consider also what he started with. See pic below.

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to vote for the Proud American.

It brings tears to the eye when you understand why the "Proud American" was built and what it means to honor those that sacrificed their lives in the name of Freedom

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for all the hiccups folks on rolling the poll out. I think next month, I'll spin up the poll in the mod forum and move it out to the open forums to make things flow a little better. :patracy:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was torn between TWM, Rayzer and HellonwheelsV100. I picked TWM because I know him well and the challenges he faced/is facing doing nearly all the work himself and producing such outstanding results basically when he could steal a few minutes to work on the truck!:beer:

I still want to give Rayzer and Hellonwheels100 a supercharged::drool: and a: [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The PROUD AMERICAN, the story behind it by ALL rights, should make it the FIRST "MV OF THE MONTH", The PROUD AMERICAN means a lot more to a lot of people then just a mv that is a replica of a gun truck, The PROUD AMERICAN represents real LIVES LOST so others CAN LIVE, Those that lost there lives WILLENLY put there bodies there, KNEW what the ODDS of a gun trucker returning to THIS country ALIVE, let alone in one piece. The LAST breath of the driver of the PROUD was as he steered to the up hill bank, there by SAVING the lives of the survivors, instead of to the left which would have put the PROUD over the edge, which would have caused it to roll many times down the embankment killing everybody.

The PROUDE AMERICAN was built with a SPIRIT that goes so far beyond a mv build, when you first saw the three surviving crew members next to the PROUD, you not only felt it but saw it, up to that time you only felt it.

So this is WHY the PROUD AMERICAN which represents EVERYTHING Steel Soldiers STANDS FOR not should but MUST be the FIRST MV OF THE MOUNTH.

Bighurt

The PROUD AMERICAN, the story behind it by ALL rights, should make it the FIRST "MV OF THE MONTH", The PROUD AMERICAN means a lot more to a lot of people then just a mv that is a replica of a gun truck, The PROUD AMERICAN represents real LIVES LOST so others CAN LIVE, Those that lost there lives WILLENLY put there bodies there, KNEW what the ODDS of a gun trucker returning to THIS country ALIVE, let alone in one piece. The LAST breath of the driver of the PROUD was as he steered to the up hill bank, there by SAVING the lives of the survivors, instead of to the left which would have put the PROUD over the edge, which would have caused it to roll many times down the embankment killing everybody.

The PROUDE AMERICAN was built with a SPIRIT that goes so far beyond a mv build, when you first saw the three surviving crew members next to the PROUD, you not only felt it but saw it, up to that time you only felt it.

So this is WHY the PROUD AMERICAN which represents EVERYTHING Steel Soldiers STANDS FOR not should but MUST be the FIRST MV OF THE MOUNTH.
I'd agree with that...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

Thank you Ron but I'm not too sure we should get to deep into history here. Maybe we should just judge/vote on each MV on it's own merit and the work the owner put into it? Just sayin.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see this as a thread about who worked the hardest, longest, etc.

Most times in life there is a lot more beneath the surface than you can see immediately. Ron hit it on the head!

groundog

M-35A2 took his truck down to the frame----sand blasted everything---new cab--engine detailed--I give him credit for the time and effort put into it---some of the other trucks are also very nice----lets give a hand too all the guys for a job well done

zout

Some pretty touch choices in that very well selected first group. Almost makes me wish there were individual categories instead of "overall" likeability - hard work - its representation.

Not telling you who I voted for except I made an honest vote.

TWM yours is not done so it needs to go back up on the vote block - it might start rusting again by the time you get it finished and have to start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.