• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month March 2021 VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. The winner each month will receive a one of a kind decal with their win! If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. Floridianson

2. eaw46

3. Gunny 0369

4. fuzzytoaster

5. islandguydon

6. Tracer

7. waayfast

8. tinygpw11

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2570.JPG DSCF2565.JPG DSCF2567.JPG DSCF2566.JPG #1 My M38A1 arrived home from Central California in 2017, and she was in worse shape than I thought. #2&3 Once I started going through the Jeep I found that it had a Commercial Jeep F-134 engine. So I started correcting things by replacing the Carter YF carburetor with the correct Carter YS950S. The Carter YS carburetor has the float bowl on the left side, requiring the military valve cover that has a relief on the right side to clear the float bowl. #4 The correct valve cover allowed me to use the correct engine breather and fording valve. The fording valve handle when installed is located in the hole in the center of the plate held in by 4 screws. More to come!

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Are any of the candidates on this month's ballot going to do any campaigning?

Tell us more!

Give us your best pitch.
Sure, OK, I will.
The OT 65G Fug, was left for awhile as I could do nothing on it, (Or anything else for that matter!), Due to my ( Both ). Rotator Cuff injuries.
Misery!.
Anyhow, The youngest helper (Tiny gpw11), 'Adopted the Fug..and commenced to,
A help get it running.
Fixed up some wiring, To get the lights working suitably for registering on road.
Repaired broken rear lights.
Fixed the 'Warning' roof top rotators.
Helped repair the C.T.S. System, And get the tire pressures up and correct.
Gawsh!, And, Worked out, ( Translated, ), What all the switches and controls functioned as. And that included the 'Odd' gear shift pattern.
Oiled it, Fueled it, Watered it.
Oh, And fitted a new set of original Ukrainian rear view mirrors.
Then, Entered for the 'Vehicle of the month'.
And a few jobs, ( Using initiative ), that I can't quite recall..
If you would like to support and further encourage his young enthusiasm, VOTE, (For his efforts).:tank:

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the late plug.... I was 4 wheeling in Missouri.
Ok this M38 started out a rust pile in the beach, which I dug out with a spade....
No not really, lol I purchased it as a basic non runner, bad Tranny bad motor bad axles... sloppy repairs, and set out to make it a daily driver,
once axles rebuilt, T 18 and the T90 completely rebuilt, (save money, just buy a used one) I got her on the road.
The first trip out was a 75 mile 4X4 loop from Wilksboro NC to Boone and Blowing rock, and back around the Appy mountains.... great runner, with the 1956 F6 161 from a Willys wagon.
This jeep turned
IMG_E6426.JPG
every head from new Toyotas to new Gladiators... and they are more fun to drive than both. These originals are a great step back into a world where you have to have your wits and skills about you when off roading. I chuckle at the comments about the fact that these are just parade vehicles, ( I have a Pic of my Uncles traversing the Rubicon trail in 688)
Im considering finding an original 4 for it, as that 6 sucked more fuel than my LMTV. ....

any way, some great vehicles on here this month, here is one that is being used, for work and fun.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pretty pictures of the 1992 FLD 120 or 915A2 if you prefer. The Detroit will produce 400 HP at only 20 to 21 pounds of boost on a hard pull and when I am bob tailing boost reads just below 7 psi. Tanks for all that already voted for the 915 and as said before all are winners.

Attachments

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't we make a rule that each contestant should put up at least one campaigning post including additional pictures of the contesting MV and preferable with a link to another thread about that MV?

Now, only three of the eight contestants posted in this thread, and we are still on page 1.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damn - all of competitors are good - want to give vote each of them!!!! And yes - they are really different. But why so little pics and tells about?
Story ok many moons ago oh wait wrong story. Fire Dept. in Coos Bay Oregon dumb Fl. boy flies from Fl. there to pick up Govdeals win. Silly boy drives at 55 mph across the country with complete Hendrickson suspension leaving the ground at every bad bump. Make it to Tennessee have alternator problems. Tired of driving call local low boy to take me home. Get home fix alternator and one wrong air line problem. The air line problem was the last person to work on it and had it backwards on a valve. Having fun ever since.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
\\

oil change: stopped for a quick view, these great jeeps drip more oil than a 47 Harley D. / or Jeep udder retrofit
Ladies Ladies: M38 attracts ladies, of all ages., ......... single? dont buy a shizu, get a Jeep
combat shot: Stuck in a 6 foot trough, on US Park land, being hunted by those guys in grey....
Overlanding: clothes off, swimming in a Appalachian stream, check out those MC Boots... wat the heck is overlanding, we used to call it a camping trip.

IMG_6994.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG
IMG_6684.JPGIMG_6994.JPGsIMG_1012.PNGIMG_6464.JPG
IMG_1012.PNG
IMG_6684.JPG
IMG_6684.JPGIMG_1012.PNG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks