• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Column/Firewall Seal

mikew

I want to seal up the hole in the firewall that the steering column goes through....

The correct part number for "Pad, Steering Gear" is: 2530-00-924-1556 or 10896759.

I can't seem to find one and have never seen one.

It looks like, from remnants of material left on the firewall, that this seal is made of some sort of cardboard?

What are you guys using to seal this hole?

Mike W

M813A1

Hey Mike you could use a piece of a plain rubber mudflap to make that seal !! I want to replace my as well it is torn !! You could also use the left over piece to make the seals that are arouns the side hood panels and around the radiator if needed !!

jatonka

Believe it or not, I have one of those pads, NOS in sealed plastic. I must say, it is oil impregnated cardboard, and I think I will use a section of mudflap for all of my M35 drivers that I use in cold weather. JT out

mikew

I've got some rubber matting, similar to mudflap material, that I had considered using.

I was hoping that someone had found a "seal" similar to what is used where the turbo exhaust stack goes through the fender.

I did some searching, but I have no idea what they call that kind of exhaust seal. Anybody know?

Mike W

ALFA2

jatonka, thanks for posting could you make a photocopy or a trace of the cardboard seal, as mine fell apart long ago, no trace to make a new one.

It would certainly help with the mudflap cutting project...

Thank You.

ALFA2

Lex_Ordo

jatonka, thanks for posting could you make a photocopy or a trace of the cardboard seal, as mine fell apart long ago, no trace to make a new one.

It would certainly help with the mudflap cutting project...

Thank You.
ALFA2
PLus +1.
John, do I hear another repro product coming from you?
LOL
Mine is missing too. I removed it when I was doing my resto job, and it also fell apart. I would like to replace it as well. Since you have a real GI one, I think you could maybe trace out a template, and make it out of a heavier material. In fact a water jet would cut it clean with crisp edges to mimic the original without any issue.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have plans or specs on how they did this? I discovered mine was missing this week and I need to plug that hole. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks