• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering column issues.

Soaper

So my 86 09 came without and ignition switch. Just an hole in steering column where it would be.

Anyway pulled steering wheel. Horn misc all missing. Turn signal switch wasn't screwed in. No snap ring or spring.

Anyway put an used CUCV ignition switch in. And it was worked right. That gear behind it was turned too far back. So had to pull steering column apart an little bit.

Well the key will work and spring back to run. But I can't move shifter. Or I can move shifter and key won't work. Lol

Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? I have all the stuff to put the steering wheel back together but its staying apart till I figure this out

the skull

Can you adjust the rack and pinion on the switch some more?
If that's possible, I've never had to mess with one. If it did not
cooperate, I would swap it for a tilt column out of another
truck. I might swap mine out later anyway

spectre6000

Could you take some photos of the disassembled steering column? I have a project coming up, and finding photos to figure out what to expect don't seem to exist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks