• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering column shortening

andytk5

I searched and saw a few threads breif mentions of it but noew direct talk about it. I'd love to shorten it up a little to allow more movement and comfort instaed of having it in my chest area.

Anybody shorten it that can give me some pointers?
Thanks

treeguy

I don't have any length reduction suggestions, but you could try to shave off some of the cushioning in the seat back rest. Just remove the canvas and take a long knife and slice off some of the foam so that you can sit a little not so up right. This might ease the wierd seating feeling. Some guys will install a smaller diameter steering wheel when they add power steering since they don't need the extra leverage. (lotta work, but worth it)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks