• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering column

johnjr

I have an 85 1009, I bought an 85 civy blazer for parts, I want to put the tilt wheel column in 1009, does anybody know foresee any wiring harness problems ? Hopefully its plug and play! Thanks in advance.

mangus580

I have seen it said the wiring in the military column is different. It might only be the ignition switch, but i am not sure.

I am sure you will let us know :)

Crash_AF

As far as I know, the only difference would be if the tilt column has cruise control and delay wipers or not so the plugs for the cruise wouldn't be hooked up and the wipers may not plug in.

Later,
Joe

3dubs

Add the speed sensor behind the speedo while it is apart. If you have the other civi truck you may have all the cruise control stuff. If it is not deisel then you can just get the part that goes on the engine. I forget what it is called. I looked into adding cruise control (I have a bad knee and long trips make it hurt) But there are after market cruise controls but you need the switch. Then you can have tilt and cruise control.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks