• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering knuckle boot

daddy2

Anyone know who sells the zippered replacement steering knuckle boots. I had the drivers side tear a day or two ago on the M36a2. Just need the replacement boot and some warmer weather.

Capt.Marion

EVERYBODY! Saturn Surplus, OD Iron, Eastern Surplus, CSI, SECO, TNJ Murray, Coleman's Surplus,

Also, you probably don't want the zippered boots. If you do a search for "knuckle boots" there are a couple of threads with all the information you should need. (Cause I can't remember it all of the top of my head)

jasonjc

Unless YOU have been in the front end befor, your best bet is to take the knuckle apart and replace in inner axle seal and clean and grease and check every thing out real good. Then you are better off useing the one piece boot. But thats just me.

daddy2

I plan on tearing into the front end, but for now I will most likely get the zipper replacement. I just checked the torn one and it is a zippered kind. Too much snow here and cooler temps for me to rip into the front axle. I just want to get it done and
hopefully make Rausch creek. I took a look at the past threads and found a great one that had the pictures of taking apart the front end. Will most likely keep that thread in mind when I put the solid boots on in the summer. Thanks for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks