• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Problem and Solution

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've seen several items lately about steering/suspension issues. Wanted to relate an issue and how I fixed it.

My 1009 went from one side of the road to the other although the steering wheel was kept basically straight. I found myself constantly correcting this sway.

To diagnos the problem a maintenance NCO had me move the steering wheel for short turns back and forth slowly while he felt the PITMAN ARM. There was a distinct pop felt at the pitman arm knuckle. I replaced both parts (short and long) of the pitman arm.

Directions for replacing the pitman arm is in the -20 section 8-10. Be sure to follow the directions especially for marking the old one before pulling it off.

Hope it helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks