• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Problem

Motorpool-Mac

Has anyone had a problem with the steering being stiff? I have a 1948, 5 ton GMC with long gin poles on it that is mechanically very similar to the Deuce. It steers hard, but when I get the weight off the front axle by lifting a heavy load on the back the steering is easy.

At first I thought it was the steering gear box, but would it not steer hard with or without a load? Could it be the knuckle bearings? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,
Daniel

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Could be lots of things. If the ball joints are worn out, taking some weight off the front would help alot. Can you add lube to the steering box? Maybe that is dry. Lots to look for in the front end.

BEASTMASTER

take the weight off the front again and grease the upper and lower king pins. have someone turn the wheel back and forth while you're putting the grease to them. i mean GREASE THEM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks