• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Upgrade?

treeguy

I just came accross this on ebay and the seller states it fits:
M818
M54
5 ton
M51
M52
and others. Does this look like something that could be modified to fit maybe outside the frame of the deuce and also using a U-joint type shaft?

Attachments

treeguy

I suppose air assist would be a cheaper option due to all the mods. to install something like this. I know that the air-o-matic is a mil. aproved design/ unit, but don't you guys think it looks kind of cheesy and not so bullet proof so to say? I forget exactly how they work, but aren't you running air lines down to a ram that is U bolted to the tie rod? I would think the lines down there would be prone to catching something at the worst time. The rig just doesn't look heavy duty.2cents I could be totally off base on this one, any thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks