• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Wheel and Seat Covers for Christmas :-)

Happyland1410

Attachments

goldneagle

My mechanic used an air impact to push the steering wheel off. Broke a bunch of stuff off the bottom of the old one but it was trash anyway! That was on my M923. Had to hold the shaft under the fender in order for him to install the new one. (otherwise we could nut catch the threads with the large nut)

Ford Mechanic

Advance Auto has a loaner tool program, I would bet they would have the stuff to do the #2 method. That's fairly common tools, a 2 jaw puller and a bearing splitter.

Happyland1410

I finally finished putting the new seat covers on. I found out that my driver's seat back was not installed properly and was missing some hardware. Thankfully the parts deuce came in handy to figure out how things were supposed to look. The piece of curved wood that fits at the bottom of the seat back was missing so I made a new one out of oak using the one from my parts deuce as a template. I also used a piece of 1.5" memory foam to add to the padding in both seat backs. Now I just need to install my new steering wheel. I did find a correct steering wheel puller.

Attachments

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find that steering wheel puller? I looked at the other ways to fab up one but yours looks easy. Was it a parts store loaner or did you have to purchase it?

Happyland1410

Where did you find that steering wheel puller? I looked at the other ways to fab up one but yours looks easy. Was it a parts store loaner or did you have to purchase it?
I purchased the puller. I had been looking for some time and found a brand new one on ebay. I hated to spend the money but I also need to change the steering wheel on my Fire Department's M35A3 so that helped justify it for me.

The NSN for the puller I bought is 5120-00-620-0020

The TM actually shows an NSN of 5120-00-708-3305. I don't know what the difference between those part numbers is but I have seen 2 different styles for the puller. Here is a link to the one Saturn Surplus has listed: http://www.saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-6.htm

Here are pictures of some of the other ones I have come across:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks