• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stencils for the M1009

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Does anyone in Atlanta, have mil spec stencils?

I would like to stencil on the back of my M1009...
"UFO Response unit....."

Thanks

CJ

CycleJay

Good,

I got that idea from someone else on here..
It was not my idea..

I just like the idea, and thought it would be funny to do.

CJ

unaffiliated

You can get official military style brass stencils on ebay. They are very durable and cool as ship. They slide together for proper spacing. I have 2 sets somewhere that my ex-brother in law gave me when he was in the Navy about 30 years ago. He probably stole em off the ship. USS Simon Lake if any one wants to rat him out. I just searched ebay for "brass military stencils" and found all different sizes. WAY COOL.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size do you want? I can do 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, and 1 3/4 on machine and 2, 3 and 4 by hand. Pay for paper, a couple of bucks, and make a donation to SS and it's yours.

ryan77

Ryan,

What is Menard's?

CJ

Sorry i forgot there only in the North, Its a Big box store like home depot but sell's less quality items! Dale Jr used to drive there stock car! I thought you southern boys would know what Menards was from Jr driving their car a couple years ago!!!

Doubled

If you can show me a pic of what you want and give me height, width etc I can cut you a masking vinyl Stencil. And there pretty cheap.

Look at my photo albums under big dogs. The letters on the red fuel tank were done in masking vinyl

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

What size should I use? I would like it to be seen by other vehicles, look military,
and not be too big or too small, and of course properly spaced.

Thanks,

CJ

CycleJay

cucv1833,

Okay, then 2" it is, thank you for the suggestion..
That is what I want, I want it big enough to see, but small enough to be obnoxious.

Thanks, Good day,

CJ

cucv1833

cucv1833,

Okay, then 2" it is, thank you for the suggestion..
That is what I want, I want it big enough to see, but small enough to be obnoxious.

Thanks, Good day,

CJ
Its up to you what size. I bought military brass stencils but most hobby shops with have paper stencils real cheap so you can try different sizes. Heres a pic of my truck with 2" registration #'s for a reference
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachments/cucv/259082d1309915201-vin-stencil-dsc00323.jpg

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

This is the font I would like to use for a stencil.

http://www.tlai.com/images/mdmilstenapts1.gif

and 2" or 3" would be fine.

I will try to find it locally, and let you guys know what happens.

If I cannot find it, I may take up the offer from one of you on here to do it.

By the way, when it comes to brass stencils, when you use them,
do you spray the paint thru the brass stencils, or use the brass stencils
to cut out paper stencils, then spray paint thru the paper stencils?

Thank you,

Last edited:

tdfontaine

The brass stencils interlock together. Then you just spray thru the stencils. I suppose you could use the brass stencils to cut out paper stencils but that's not necessary.