• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Step 2 Insulating almost done !

bob270win

Coming down the home stretch. Just some small things to do to top off the cab insulation. This product "Zilla Mat" is so sweet to work with ! And you can even paint it ! What do you think. Gotta work on the over spray a bit. But it's where you're not going to see it. The Zilla mat made such a difference with the noise level in the cab . The truck sounds more solid , definitely worth the effort !:driver:

Attachments

bob270win

I had to patch around the m/c access and cover that as well . it was easy enough to do .The access opens up and there is the master cylinder ! :driver: I bought Zilla's 50 sq ft roll of 80 mil product. I would have to say I still have around 5 sq ft left on the roll. That's just a guess , I'm too lazy to go out in the garage and pull the remaining product out of the box right now !

bob270win

THe rubber on the floor is just a stall mat. I got that at a local feed store. It came as a 4' x 6' size . It's 1/2" thick and really sturdy. I think it cost around $60 . Dont know if you saw previous post the insulating mat is made by " Zilla Mat " . Google it to get to their website !

bob270win

Overall the engine & tranny noise is definitely more subdued . Since I don't have db meter I can't give you exact numbers but there is quite a difference ! And the combo of the Zillamat and the rubber floormat I'm not cooking the bottom of my feet anymore !

bob270win

There is definitely a reduction in cab heat . Noticeable even more when I fix the driver door window . The windshield and passenger door window molding is all in good condition. Only problem is the driver door window ( needs a new regulator ) Let you know how things go !

bob270win

Mark, my driver window is bad , to the point there are gaps around the window and door frame . My passenger window is tight ,no seepimg around that one. I guess something that's 40 years old needs a little TLC and some new parts .