• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Step Rails

kingsley

Guys,

My M1009 is up on a 3" lift, humvee rims, and tires. Can anyone recommend any specifc step rails or similiar they have installed with success?

thanks for the help,

Kingsley

CCATLETT1984

LOL, i dont have running boards with my lift, its not that bad :)

I would recommend getting stainless steel no matter what brand you get, otherwise they rust out. you can get black powdercoated. Westin makes some nice models.

AJMBLAZER

Check over on www.ColoradoK5.com .

Most guys over there are either running rock rails or rocker panel replacements that have rails on them. You can step on them all day long, jack your truck up off of them, and if you happen to kiss a berm, tree, rock, etc all it does is scuff the rail or rocker rail and not mangle your sheet metal, nerf bar, running boards, etc.

AJMBLAZER

Yep, those are the things to have.

The alternative, for those of us with cancerous rockers, is to replace the rockers completely with sliders. Requires body work skills or a body shop bill but does the same thing, gets rid of rust, and beefs up that part of the body.

Croatan_Kid

I've got all three parts of the Project Army Truck build saved in my favorites :D I actually have quite a few M1008 build ups in there. I think that if I ever built some rocksliders like Peterson's, I would make mine bolt on. I'm still kinda iffy about welding stuff straight to the frame, plus I like things to be removable for maintaince reasons. It takes a little more time, but in the end I'm always glad I did it that way. Most of the time it winds up looking very nice as well. Another contributing factor is that I don't have a welder aua

AJMBLAZER

I agree there. What I was told by a competent welder and truck builder was that unless the frame is boxed or just really stiff, bolt it on.
The proviso was that the they could be welded on but then the frame should be stiffened in that area. GM frames aren't known for their stiffness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks