• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stereo Installed in M923A2

twisted60

About 90% finished with install, bought a low cost radio and speakers to test out a concept and see if I like the location and function. Built an overhead and relocated my dome light, installed "double din" radio and 2 6x9 speakers. Looks good to me, just need to install a 24v to 12v converter and secure the wires. I did fire it up and it is loud, should overcome the rumble of my 5 ton. Will post again after finalizing the install.
IMG_3358.jpgIMG_3371.jpgIMG_3375.jpgIMG_3380.jpgIMG_3377.jpgIMG_3382.jpgIMG_3388.jpg

71DeuceAK

I like it! I, too, would like to put a radio in my M923 I'm getting, especially since if I can I'd more or less daily drive it. Where's the antenna for the radio?

71DeuceAK

I like it. Being basically bonded to the metal frame should likely increase the antenna gain too. Seeing the stereo, this truck your daily driver?

twisted60

Yes, she is my daily driver 90% of the time, if not in the truck I'm on my Harley. Just got back from a quick trip to check the sound while driving, stereo out put is much louder than the truck so that is good, selected radio station cut out a little probably due to antenna just laying above windshield, I'll try to ground it better and see if that helps.

71DeuceAK

You sound kinda like me; while I have no interest in bikes (likely because a loved one was killed in a motorcyle accident, though through no fault of his own; someone ran him off the road) I basically intend to daily drive the one I'm getting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks