• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sterling Heights Michigan MV Show This Weekend

Show your military vehicle at Great Lakes Hobby in Sterling Heights, Michigan this Saturday, 5/17/08, 9:00 to 16:00 hours. Show is sponsored by the hobby shop and the Detroit Arsenal of Democracy Museum. In addition to vehicles there will be reenactors both allied and axis. Last years show was relaxed and a lot of fun. A lot of the Able Company, GLMVPA characters will show up.

Great Lakes Hobby and Train
46660 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48317
Phone: (586) 323-1300

saddamsnightmare

Event this weekend.

May 14th, 2008.

Dear Mr. McConnell:

We'll both be busy this weekend, you with your event in Michigan, and us with the "To Defend and Protect" event here in Paris, TX. Good luck with yours, and are you going to mount the yellow headlamps on your 8th GP truck???? By comparison, my M35A2 look rather tame without winch and without armament in Desert Tan.....

Have a good one,

Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan :beer:

ida34

RE: Event this weekend.

Let me know how this one turns out and post some pics. I am leaving for Findlay in a few minutes.

CCATLETT1984

RE: Event this weekend.

It was ok, got some pics that I'll have to get off of my uncle's camera. There were about 10 trucks there.

I'm planning on going to the midland gathering on the 31st for sure, you gonna make that one?

On behalf of John Lind and his Detroit Arsenal Museum; thanks to all for coming out to the show. Thanks to Great Lakes Hobby for hosting and feeding us. Rattlehead; hope you can make Royal Oak next Monday.

citizensoldier

Looks good guys! Seemed to be well organized and nice display of trucks.. I went to the Findlay show but was unable to take any OD iron.. Fuel was to much and it still took me 7 hours to get there in my GMC... Again..
NICE JOB ! Way to make a good showing..

Hey Lane, At the Great Lakes hobby show we were discussing various trailers that we would like to own and your name did pop up as a connoisseur of all things trailer. So if your ears were burning, it was us. So how was Findlay?

citizensoldier

Findlay was good.. Seemed like fewer vendors but we all found some goodies.. They had some very rare vehicles this year though..
So what type of trailers you guys after? I knew someone in the world was bad mouthing me when my ears were burning.. Did you ever get a ammo trailer?