• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stewart and Stevenson M1088 Suddenly No Power after Master Switch

kothornton

I have a M1088, the batteries started running down and I found some kind of load on them. Before I could get to that I suddenly lost power after the master switch, no air alarm no start, nothing. I charged the batteries and tested them Ok, I checked the manual and have power to headlights but no windshield wipers, checked all circuit breakers Ok. My manual stops after the wipers test. Does anone have any ideas? I think it could be a ground but I am guessing and I dont know where to look?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

coachgeo

the complete manuals (TM's) are in the first forum, First page, of Steel Soldiers. Search thru there form LMTV or FMTV... don't recall which.

If your batteries were reinstalled wrong the reverse polarity protection box may have kicked on.

Have you checked voltage at the 24v and 12v post in the Fuse/Relay area? PDP..... I think is common name used in here... (Power Distribution Panel?)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Is it an A1 with a master battery switch? If so disconnect the mil cannon plug on the advanced polarity protection box and see what happens. If it's a first gen truck and your dash switch doesn't power anything on then check the 24v ignition relay.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you broke down on the road?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What state ? The rules request your state in your location.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, please enter your location in your profile.

kothornton

I have correct voltage and polarity at PDP 12v and 24v ok, I have power past master switch on dash, starter will not engage, no low air alarm. Next step in manual I have is check wipers and they dont work. I dont have the manual past that point

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added your state to it.

The state is required, not a city.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks