• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stewart Warner Model 782 Aircraft Heater

RBecker

I acquired this Aircraft Heater last summer. I was really baffled , on what it was until I studied it for awhile. I've been in the engine business all my life and never seen anything like it. I'm told this was used in the WWII era, any history would be much appreciated.
Thanks Rob

Attachments

kchmn

I had a different version of this heater years ago. I found it one day while picking up junk from a city wide Spring clean up. It had been stripped of many essential parts, so I never attempted to get it running. I saved the little blower and a couple other parts thinking the blower might make a supercharger for a lawnmower someday. Still could happen! I'm looking for a service manual to see how that blower comes apart. I don't want to destroy this one by doing something wrong. The bearings have rusted and nothing moves!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks