• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steyr four-door crew cab LMTV...

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So imagine you're in Europe You want to build an expedition vehicle and you find a super rare Steyr 12m18 four-door crew cab for truck (their LMTV). What's the first thing that crosses your mind?
Well if you're this schmuck you do the absolute worst thing possible which would make even a bald Steyr LMTV fan pull his hair out...Screenshot_20221201-190719.pngScreenshot_20221201-190726.pngScreenshot_20221201-190736.pngScreenshot_20221201-190747.png

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a moronic thing to do. The crew cabs are professional Rosenbauer built (I see their R logo in the bottom corner) and not super common. Very spacious. Why one would not design the truck so it maintains the full metal crew cab is beyond me.
It is a nice truck. Civilian version with the 210 hp inline six and mid-frame mounted hydraulic winch. You can just make out the cable looping at the center of the bumper.
The military 12M18 only got the 177hp engine.
I also can't believe how much the 12M18 prices have gone up. They are solidly in the 30k EUR range now, for standard military cargo versions. I must have missed something....gold plated under the camo paint? I saw a mint one with winch and knuckleboom crane and they want 54k EUR for it.
I have long toyed with the idea of bringing a couple over to Canada but at the current prices there is no ROI.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a moronic thing to do. The crew cabs are professional Rosenbauer built (I see their R logo in the bottom corner) and not super common. Very spacious. Why one would not design the truck so it maintains the full metal crew cab is beyond me.
I also can't believe how much the 12M18 prices have gone up. They are solidly in the 30k EUR range now, for standard military cargo versions. I must have missed something....gold plated under the camo paint? I saw a mint one with winch and knuckleboom crane and they want 54k EUR for it.
I have long toyed with the idea of bringing a couple over to Canada but at the current prices there is no ROI.
I don't suppose you have a photo or two of the inside configuration of a four-door?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I do not..maybe Google does....
The rear door has a step at the bottom that rotates out when you open the door and the seats are facing forward; either a bench or individual seats. Grab bar separates front and back half of cab. Usually (open) compartments behind rear seat/bench backrest and storage underneath the seats.

There are a few bad pics here: https://www.ff-micheldorf.at/2020/tlfa-2000-zu-verkaufen/

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im pretty sure our stock cab jack cylinders would never jack that cab over ! I see lots of burst hydraulic lines in his future ! He could put a help cylinder on the back of the cab that helped say for the first 3 or 4 feet and mounted to the main frame pushing into pockets mounted on the back of the cab that once the help cyl stopped the factory ones took it the rest of the way ! My dad had a 110 in double sleeper cabover Peterbilt that use to blow cab jack lines atleast once a year .

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im pretty sure our stock cab jack cylinders would never jack that cab over ! I see lots of burst hydraulic lines in his future ! He could put a help cylinder on the back of the cab that helped say for the first 3 or 4 feet and mounted to the main frame pushing into pockets mounted on the back of the cab that once the help cyl stopped the factory ones took it the rest of the way ! My dad had a 110 in double sleeper cabover Peterbilt that use to blow cab jack lines atleast once a year .
I guess the thing is if one of those ever came up as available they better sell the whole mounting arrangement and lifting cylinder together with it!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cab jack cylinders that are stock for the extended cab are beefy and specced for that weight of a heavier cab. No issue there. They are not the same as the ones for the day cab and have a rear mounting point further back. Also, hand pump only. Free gym time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks