• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sticking Voltmeter Guage

00Buck

Been having issues with my volt gauge sticking. If I tap the lens, the gauge will spring up to where it's supposed to be. If I turn the truck off, the needle falls so fast that it seems to stick till I hit the lens again. I saw this symptom posted somewhere recently, but never saw a fix. Any thoughts?

00Buck

removed gauge, cleaned and tested resistance, applied dielectric grease, and even tried to spray contact cleaner into light hole thinking maybe it would free up what was making the needle stick in the 8 o'clock position. If I tap on the gauge the needle resets to about 9 o'clock then works fine till I turn off truck and the needle quickly falls to the 8 position and sticks there till I tap on the gauge. Any idea on where to find new gauge as opposed to a used gauge with potential problems?

cpf240

There was a post a few months ago from a member who put a new 24v gauge there, and it looked pretty good. Using a *real* 24v gauge gets rid of that resistor on the back.

K9Vic

It could just be the back plate is lifted out slightly making the needle stick. I think that is what mine is doing in my M1009 as to me it looks like that is the issue looking at the gauge, but I have not got around to trying to fix it.

bshupe

Can the gauge be taken apart without damage? When I had it out to replace the resister it looked like it was not really user serviceable. I could be wrong though.

bshupe

Did you ever find a source for a new gauge?
Theres lots of them out there you just have to choose. Once in a while you will come across some NOS that is already OD if thats what your looking for otherwise you just have to paint it or whatever. There are a lot of 24v varieties out there too so you you can nix the resister.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks