• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sticky Deuce Brakes

jeepin

Before I start tearing wheels and brake drums off, anybody have any ideas for my deuce which has a brake(s) on the rear that drag once in a while in reverse?

Its not the hydro boost locking up because the truck rolls forward when this happens. It is also not all the brakes it feels like only one or two. Parking brake works normally and releases fine.
What happens is hot or cold sometimes when I put it in reverse the brakes grab for a second and then let go, only when backing up.
Brakes are not dragging driving down the road, it seems to be only after a stop and change to reverse.
I am thinking a broken brake return spring, does that sound like a place to start?
Any easy way to figure out which back brake it is?

If you think its in the manual just give me the manual and page, lectures about looking in manual not needed because I did and I didn't see anything about this particular problem. Thanks.

cleb

I believe this sounds like a parking brake issue. I've heard of this issue before with the same symptoms ( sticking in reverse). I'm sure someone who has had experience with the parking brake issue will chime in. I think it has to do with the springs. I would run that to ground before I starting tearing into the service brakes.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe this sounds like a parking brake issue. I've heard of this issue before with the same symptoms ( sticking in reverse). I'm sure someone who has had experience with the parking brake issue will chime in. I think it has to do with the springs. I would run that to ground before I starting tearing into the service brakes.
I agree - it is very likely the parking brake that is causing the problem. This phenomenon is not that uncommon, and is relatively easy to diagnose and repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks