• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stiff transmission shifter

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For my newly purchased M185A3, not having runf or 5 years, I cant hardly move the tranny shiftter arm. Shall I remove the tranny top and pour 90 weight on the forks?:|

sandcobra164

drive it, oil will make it up there!!! From what I've read and following who I consider a Tranny Expert on these trucks, M35TOM who makes the taller overdrive kit recommends 40W Non Detergent Motor Oil. That's what's in my tranny and transfer case now. Shifts smoother and both boxes run cooler!!! Works for me. There was a huge debate concerning this as well, some heated discussions. Anyhow, that cured my "hot" trans and transfer and I consider it good advice.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would run the truck in nutural till the trans warmed up then dump the trans oil, refill, warm then dump and refill, this will help a lot, same with the transfer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks