• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

still having blinker issues

mattyboy

i bench tested my flasher relay, was bad had running lamps all around. I installed the new flasher and now dont have front markrers. the weird thing is now when i left turn signal the right lamp goes dark and the left remains steady. I hate Gremlins. any one ever heard of such a thing. i am in the middle of painting truck so i havent dug too deep yet. i did switch out original rear lights with the newer ones from my trailer. the only difference i saw was old lights had incandecent BO bulb new lamps have leds only for BO when i switched everything i used my multi meter to make sure the wires went together same as before. the wiring diagram is worthless back there, seems like the used whatever wire they had. I forgot numbers but they were 600 something when i looked that up was something totaly unrelated.
looking for some help. thanks in advance.

Big Z

I'm not a 'lecktrishian. But bad grounds aren't uncommon on the front turn signals and turn signal switch (which grounds to the steering column). Get some 3/8" ring terminals from an auto parts place and run wire from the turn signal mounting bolts to the frame. Then loosen and slide your turn signal switch down and clean up the mounting surface. I had some similar problems myself and did the above with new flasher and turn signal switch to cure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks