• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still Having Problems - Removing Fuel Supply Pump

TheRecorder

Unable to figure out how to reomove fuel supply pump. Steering column is in the way. Does the engine have to be lifted? Does the steering column need to be removed? Injection Pump needs to be removed? aua

The problem is fuel getting into the crankcase oil. "O" rings have been replaced. Hydraulic head has been inspected. I need to remove the supply pump to test for leaks.

Deuce N' Half Down......

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your Fuel Desity Comensator, bypassed?

jatonka

Wow, nice oil filter adaptors!!!!!! Pull the Injection Pump, then fix the lift pump. Or, have it done at a good Diesel electric shop, I usually pay between $300 to $400 to go through a pump. JT out

Keith_J

The only place fuel can leak into the oil is the hydraulic head which can be replaced with the IP installed. Far easier.

ETA: Also the booster pump, located below the timing cover. Yeah, that can also be replaced without removal.

TheRecorder

Wow, nice oil filter adaptors!!!!!! Pull the Injection Pump, then fix the lift pump. Or, have it done at a good Diesel electric shop, I usually pay between $300 to $400 to go through a pump. JT out

Yes, are these cool adapters, or what?
Just so you know, I am still impressed by them. Thanks for designing them.

I'm gathering that the least complicated and the least exspensive way to actually remove this fuel supply pump, on the side of the IP pump and replace it with another, when the steering column is in the way, is to move the entire engine enough or just enough, for the clearance to be adequate to do so.
Would everyone or anyone agree? or Disagree?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks