• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still no fuel to injectors

WOLF

Removed stop swirch cover . It moves freely . It is also centered straight up and down and moves to the rear . Not sure if that is correct . Have not found applicable TM yet . Removed center top bolt and tapped on the plunger . I don't think I moved it . I tapped it with a body hammer and a drift . I could tap it with a three pound hammer . I'd like to tap it with a 16 pound maul . So , I need directions to TMs that show the pump from all angles or I need guidence or I need a new injector pump . Thanks again for any help you may be able to offer . This is JAFO signing off . P.S.: Feel free to PM me if you want to .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=57
There are only two I know this one and TM-9-2910-226-34.
To beat or not to beat that is the question.
Did you crank the motor and watch if the oak WOOD dowel was going up and down. Being that it is on a cam it could be on the up stroke and it would feel solid and not go down.
If it was stuck up you would have to catch the cam in the off position so it could be tapped down. Did you use a lube of your choice? Just a thought if one were to put your weight on the dowel and have someone crank it over then if it was not real bad then it might brake free.
Not saying that the IP is or is not bad but the head seems to be the most common problem in the IP system.

Massm35a2

Don't tap it too hard, you can break something. see if it is stuck by having someone cranking the truck and you watching the plunger. If it is stuck, the hyd. head can be removed without a ton of work, Remove 6 injector lines from the head. Pull the shut off lever out and undo the 4 bolts that hold the head to the injection pump.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Heavy pounding will jar the button off the bottom of the plunger (its retained by a spring clip) - then you definately have to pull the hydraulic head.

Been there, done that.

WOLF

OK the plunger goes up and down . I have now manually injected fuel into the return lines . Anyone know the firing order ? I can try manually injecting into the injector lines .

Massm35a2

WOLF said:
OK the plunger goes up and down . I have now manually injected fuel into the return lines . Anyone know the firing order ? I can try manually injecting into the injector lines .
The injectors open when the pressure in the injector line gets around 2200PSI, There is no way to do that manually.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use extreme care not to get any dirt into the plunger cavity, which may mare the lapped surfaces. There is a good reason for the multiple stages of fuel filtration.
Also, the plunger rides on a cam and will be in the top position 3 times for every 1 revolution of the crankshaft, not a good time to wack on it with anything.

WOLF

I have fuel to the pump . The think goes up and down . Looks like I'll need to pull the hydraulic head . I removed the shutoff switch and took it apart to clean it . Anyone know if the little thing on the back end of this unit is possitioned forward or to the back . In my frustration I failed to take note of that bit of info. A picture would be worth a thousand words but I can't find one . I can't bring up the TM 9-2910-226-34 that is supposed to be for the injector pump .

WOLF

I've had the top bolt off on the hydraulic head and turned the pump on and fuel gushes out of the hydraulic head . I have now gotten into the TM 9-2910-226-34 and have the switch question answered . To remove the hydraulic head it says to turn the cam to align the slot with the arrow . Which cam are they reffering to ?

WOLF

The Beast Is Alive

Thanks to all your help , the beast lives . The bottom piece of the plunger and it's clip lay at the bottom of the main housing once I pulled the head off . I snapped it back on and put it back together an WahLa - Fish-N-Chips , she lit up after bleeding the lines one at a time . I want to pass on how I turned the engine over to get the timing mark to come up for the next guy that has this problem . First I talked my wife out of her compact with a mirror in it . Then I talked her into shining a flashlight in the mirror while watching for the timing mark to come up . I disconnected the starter button , shifted the transfer case into neutral , shifted the transmission into 5th. gear and turned the driveshaft at the rear of the tranny with a HD screwdriver . The toughest part was explaining the timing mark and the little arrow to the wife . Thanks again everyone that took the time to help me with my ignorance . Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks