• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

still problem going over 55 mph

67buickss

ok a few days ago i fixed my vacuume leak and it shifts like new, but on my way back up to school i have to take the highway for 3 hrs. was driving and was at 65 for about 30 min then the truck would like hessitate at not wanna go faster then 63, so i went down to 60, 20 min after that it did the same thing and dident wanna go faster than 55. what can be my problem here?????

also i noticed yesterday that i am now getting some great amount of gray smoke while im driving one highway after like 5 min.

gaunt1969

change the filter if you havent already done so, next check the fuel pressure to make shure the lift pump is putting out. Start with that and go from there.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a 1009? or a 1008? Also check the lift fuel pump. At the passenger side front of the engine block by the oil pan. The diafram could be torn and not pumping well. Starving the IP. A replacement is $15 at the autoparts.

stampy

Junk the square filter and get a spin on at wal mart supercenter (boating section) you will need 2 threaded fittings with barbs on the end for fuel in and out. Spin on filters are easier to use and prefill andif you are stuck offroad you can drain it flush it with starter fluid refill with diesel and get home...good luck trying that with the square one and are they are cheaper too. IMO the square ones fill up quicker also. You will lose the water sensor but, for me, it's a small price to pay for ease of use.

hovenga67

Also if that doesn't work your fuel pickup could be plugged. I put a clear filter back by the tank and it was going dry. I pulled the pickup and the sock was plugged in the tank, I had the same kind of problems you are. I changed my lift pump and injection pump for nothing. Hopefull that helps.
Brent

Somemedic

Return line is clogged with debris on top of the IP. Pull it off and check to see if you can look through the glass ball. If its dirty clean it with carb spray with the red straw... and get ready for an IP rebuild.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks