• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still unable to start

jmsneorrcom

original post
1984 M1009 -driving on the highway when Gen1 light came on, tried to make it home and windshield wipers went out along with the headlights, pulled over and it would not start again.
I can hear the relay click but the starter does not click or anything
I bought a 750 CCA battery from Autozone and it still wont start. on a earlier post somebody brought up the Neutral Safety Switch. Ive looked in the -20 and cannot find it. any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Oldsouthernboy

This a 24 volt starter, one battery will not do it, The starter selionod may be bad but I dout it, just not enough juice to make everyting work. Try wiggling the gear selector while starting if you have a neurtal styart swicth you may make contact and get it to start.

jmsneorrcom

I can hear the Starter relay under the dash clicking, but nothing from the starter it self. the new battery shows 12.4 and the back battery also shows 12.4

mistaken1

Do you have 24V at the relay under the dash?

When soldier b turns the key to start position do you have 24V at the solenoid on the starter?

Did you check/clean/replace the 24V fuse in the fuse block? (along with the rest of the fuses for that matter)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And all battery cable ends?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks