• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock alternator regulator internal wiring?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is similar, but not the same. CUCV alternators are isolated ground. The rebuild thread in my signature has pictures so you can see the differences.

erasedhammer

It is similar, but not the same. CUCV alternators are isolated ground. The rebuild thread in my signature has pictures so you can see the differences.
Yes I do understand that. I am more looking at the voltage regulator, since the drawing in that document seems to indicate that the exciter wire is in fact NOT terminal 1 (ign light) and actually all on terminal 2. Which is counter to what I keep reading everywhere.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both regulator terminals have to be connected to b+ to turn the regulator on.

erasedhammer

Both regulator terminals have to be connected to b+ to turn the regulator on.
In regards to the 12v alternator, I have applied 12v to both terminals with the engine running and the alternator does not output 14v. I changed alternators and it still does not work. Does there need to be resistance on terminal 1?

(My entire terminal 1 / gen 1/2 lights are gone from the vehicle)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks