• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock Deuce winch/bumper mounts...anybody have some pics?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wallew said:
Twinpinion,
Is your avatar a picture of a deuce at a tractor pull?
Next week our county fair is happening. I'm tinking of going, to pull the transfer sled during the modified truck and tractor pulls!

spicergear

Wait- Are you thinking of putting that big winch from the link on the nose of your deuce? Admirable...but WAY TOO BIG. I've got a 20,000# Garwood on mine from the nose of a 5 ton truck but I've got it set back due to the V-style engine I swapped in and the ability to move the radiator back by it's thickness allowing the winch to back to the front crossmember. Only extended the frame just a fuzz over 7-1/2" to wedge that big sucker in there. PTO driven from stock 3053A PTO.

Saw that other winch you were inquiring about too...the Braden. Looks like it's from an old civvy wrecker maybe.

Here a link anyway that shows a couple pics of the front of my truck with the winch. It's a few pics down.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4203

Twinpinion

Looks like the factory brackets move the front bumper forward 10 or so inches...I'm not sure. Since I'm not too concerned with approch angle that should be fine. With that kind of room I should be able to fit it. The winch will fit between the framerails...just barely. I think the main problem is where the cable will come out at. I still have some measuring to do. For now I started pulling the winch apart to change the seals. Anyway the mount would be something like the WC-52 mount but lower so I wouldn't need to cut the deuce bumper for cable clearance. Imagine the winch mounting bolts going straight through the front bumper, the mounting feet will be hidden behind the bumper instead of on top like the WC. I'll look into it more. If not I can always mount it in the rear under the bed. Plenty of room but the PTO routing would require a chain drive.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks