• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock M715 cutting off

Knottofs

I have a All Stock M715, I just on the farm. It has a brand new distributor, wires and plugs, fuel pump and carburetor.
[FONT=&quot]I need it to sit there and idle at times. After about 5-10 minuets of idling, it cuts out and will not start. After about 20 minuets she fires right up like everything fine, I can drive it all over, but when I stop and let it sit and idle again, she cuts out again and the scenario starts all over. All I can figure is that the coil is getting to hot and cutting out while sitting there. Have 3 new coils, have changes them all out at 1 time or another, and the same thing happens every time. I need this thing to run, when I need it. How do I go about changing to a civilian distributor, coil, wire's and plugs? If I need to convert down to 12 volts, so be it. What do I need? Brands, stock numbers whatever, any info would be much appreciated? Also can the M715 starter operate on 12 volts? Thanks, Captain Jack[/FONT]

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the vent lines to and from the ignitor are connected and venting. Maybe the carb is flooding because the fuel level is creeping up in the carb bowl. I seem to remember there is a rubber o-ring around the float needle housing which cracks and allows the level to climb.