• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock MPG

Matt65

Mine as it sits now on 37s gets about 16.5 on the highway @ ~55 mph. On stock tires I was getting about 1.5 mpg higher highway, but with a much lower top speed due to gearing. Also, I rarely burn straight diesel, and almost always mix in WMO or 2 Stroke oil.

rnd-motorsports

I ALSO MIX WMO AND DIESEL ! WITH THE PRICE OF FUEL THE WMO IS FREE NO BRAINER IM IN MICH SO THE MIX IS NOT AS HEAVY IN COLD TIME OF YEAR YESTERDAY PUT ABOUT 8 GAL OF FUEL OR $30.00 AT $3.59 A GALLON AND 2 GAL WMO AT $0.00 A GALLON AND I GET 17.5 TO 18 WITH THE STOCK SIZE TIRES JUST AS THE PIC IN MY AVATAR :driver:

Capt.Marion

If you do some searching, there was a good thread where folks were posting their mileage reports for their CUCVs....

Somebody should bump it back to the top.

jamesonsdad

my 86 OH9 all stock averages 20 - 25 mpg not even joking i was truly amazed by this and i tell my wife all the time "hah your $ 30.000 pacifica gets 16 mpg at best"!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got...

...13.8 mpg (average - both w/o and w/ trailer) driving 75-80 mph from TN to FL recovering the MEP 003A genset from dirtyfingernails...

I drive like I stole the 1009 from the motor pool...:p

Matt65

So what does this do? What are the benefits? My M1009 got 19mpg before I lifted it and put 37s on it. I dont know what it gets now, tires throw off the odometer reading
WMO lubricates far better than the ULSD. Burning it (filtered) saves on fuel cost since it's free.

My conversion for speed/ distance is about 115% of what my odometer is displaying.
Ex: 55 mph displayed*1.15 = 63.25mph actual.
10 miles displayed*1.15 = 11.5 actual