• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stock single-piece military 6 lug wheels?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are a3 trailer wheels. Will fit the deuce. Just never seen what weight rating the wheels are. I would assume they would be heavy rated with a 10r22.5

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on the right is a newer one piece wheel that I have seen retro fitted on m149 water buffalo's and gen set trailers in current use that use the deuce pattern. Observed on many military trains as I live in a major conversion of various railroad lines.

The one on the left I have also seen on some trailers other than m105a3. I think the military is trying to get away from lock rings on the remaining rolling stock with old school deuce pattern.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The budd rim is like this;

The bolt holes look different on the ones you have pictured. The first appears to be hub pilot and the second stud pilot. I don't know about their interchangability...but assume it works. Edit....on closer look, the first photo seems to have a bevel, so must be the stud pilot.

There is also a 19.5" (below dual) and 17.5" budd (see A1 above) and for reference a bolster/M1061 rim (16.5") in one piece.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks