• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen 1967 kaiser m54a2 waynesburg pa

Flyingvan911

My apologies. I didn't mean to paint with a broad brush. I believe there are a few crooks in every crowd. Even if it is just one or two. I have indeed heard that preppers are honest people and meant no offense.

I also agree that some sort of logging or heavy work operation is more likely. It is a good idea to look at every angle.

rickf

Sir, With all due respect I want you to know that we are more than willing to help but I can assure you that the State Police do not want someone calling them asking THEM questions about a stolen truck. THEY are the ones that ask the questions. The faster you get the info out there the better chance of someone spotting the vehicle. If it were my truck I would have been on here two minutes after it was missing posting a hundred pictures. Just saying.

Rick

gunboy1656

Should really stick out in this area. As there are not many that I know of.

That rear light setup should make it stick out even more.

Going to copy the pics and post them on Facebook. I do know a few people in that area that are off roaders.

m816

Geeze, Now I'm really nervous. All I have in the motorpool is Five tons. **** dogs don't have not hunt in them either. and they are the worst watch dogs in town. Now I gotts sit around locked and loaded. I always hated guard duty.For the price these things are bringing on the open market or for scrap, It hardly seems worth the effort. One thing I am sure of though, is that it has to be a old thief, couse the young ones can't drive anything with a clutch.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also to note, the bridge plate number is displaying 50, rather than the more common 69!2cents

Katahdin

I'll keep an eye out up here.

So Waynesburg, huh?. Isn't that John Murtha's old district? I think we're looking for a thief who's "Really Redneck." rofl

itsunday25

Im thinking the same thing. Down my way some kids stol a Peterbilt tractor and took it off into the woods and dumped it in a lake. State police did not find it till the next drought.i hope that is not the case.

rickf

I'm sorry, not buying it. An insurance investigator from Fla. asking for information about a stolen truck in NY. but will not give out his name OR the Companies name. There should be no privacy concerns involved with recovering a stolen vehicle. The owner is supposedly a member and has not said a word, I find that a bit strange, and suspect. There is a LOT more to this story that we are not being told. I for one am not going to call the Pa. State Police and ask them, that is for sure. Anyone know a trooper?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, I've called the OP today and confirmed a few concerns I had.

He has explained the situation to me and I have no reason to doubt this situation now.

Lets try to help his efforts to recover this stolen truck for it's owner.

btw, I've deleted a couple of the posts I made when I was unsure of this situation.

rickf

Why all the secrecy? Does he really expect someone to call the State police and ask them questions about the truck?! Why is the owner not posting if he is a member? I have done a few investigations in my time and I know what this looks like, I will make no assumptions here but look at it from our point of view. We did not talk to this guy so we can only go by what we see and it is fishy. I can assure you that if I see anything that resembles that vehicle I will call the police.

Rick

JEFFREYGUY

Well we have not found the vehicle, thanks to all , and please keep an eye out. I am closing my investigation, and hope the vehicle is located.

For those of you who would like to know. The prior owner before the vehicle was bobbed belonged to westfolk, he was very nice to speak to. It was sold and bobbed by budgacat, who was also a pleasure.

The Bobbed M54A2 remains stolen.

DOL: 08/23/2012 PA State Police #B05-1927304.

westfolk

Yeah, for anyone thinking all this is a little fishy...it's for real. They talked to me several times over the last few weeks. I sold the thing to him a few years ago.

What I've wondered about though is why its needed to talk to someone who owned it years ago and lives a couple hundred miles away????? The questions I was asked was what it was, its condition, and the such. Go figure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks