• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen M35 - Colorado - on or before 11/22/2015

AZK9

... an M35 was stolen from Gunnison Colorado. From the email I received, it was taken before this past Saturday, 22 Nov. I will try to get additional information that may help finding it. Two pictures are attached. Any information will be appreciated.View attachment 595508View attachment 595509
Wondering if there's any good news to report since this MV was stolen?

Have those of you getting the informational emails, heard anything new?

sluggish

I have a gps unit on one of my skid steers and it is great. Can't remember the name off hand but I can check if you like. I think I paid about $400 for install and I pay $15/month. It will email and text me alerts depending on how it is set up, and I am in charge of all of those settings and can modify at will. Since the skid steer will only do about 11km/hr, I have it set so that if it hits 40km/hr, it sends me an alert(as it is obviously being towed). Also can set the starter kill, geo fence and dozens of other alerts. It has been fantastic for me. I can also see real time where it is, and the route it took to get there. I can sit at my computer and watch the route it is taking, while reporting to police on the phone if needed.

Back story here:

I got it because my other brand new skid steer grew legs and disappeared with less than 200hrs on it, hadn't even owned it for 6 months. I was always of the mindset of many others that I would like to catch the scumbags in the act, what I would do etc etc. However, about 2 weeks after the theft, I get a call from the RCMP. This is kind of how it went:

RCMP - Sluggish(not really) we would like to discuss an ongoing investigation with you.
ME - great, this must be about my missing skid steer
RCMP - I won't get into it on the phone, but we have some questions, can we come to your home.
ME - sure
Arrives at my home, I proceed to get my police report, ownership papers, etc to show the officers.
ME - have you actually found my skidsteer and trailer? That's great.
RCMP - Not exactly, we are investigating a homicide and have a few questions
ME - (Jaw hitting the floor). Uuummmm, I think you have the wrong guy.
RCMP - Nope, do you own 2010 trailer vin# blah blah
ME - I did, until it disappeared with my skidsteer on it.
RCMP - well we found your trailer(3 hrs away), with a dead body laying beside it. Could you tell us where you were on Feb 10.
ME - yup, Barbados

Conversation obviously went much longer than that. My trailer was found, along with another similar trailer, 3 skidsteers(none were mine) and a couple muscle cars on an acreage a few hours from my place. I don't know if the dead guy stole the items, was the middle man, or the buyer but all items were apparently found on his property, so he was obviously involved and the deal went bad along the way. I never learned how he was killed but they had a lot of questions about the snipe I used on the boomers and chains to tie things down, and I never got it back. Got my trailer back, slightly damaged but still good.

It was at that point that I decided I would rather install gps than catch them in the act. If they have no problem killing each other, they will have no problem doing it to me, and I don't own a single material possession that I would be willing to die for. It's just stuff.

Back on topic, I really hope this truck gets found and it is okay. Hopefully it was just some kids joyriding and ran out of gas.

AZK9

I really hope this truck gets found and it is okay. Hopefully it was just some kids joyriding and ran out of gas.
I'm really hoping that, one of these days, someone adds a 'happy ending' post to this thread.
I sooooooooooo want the owners to get their stolen MV back in one piece.

steelandcanvas

I have a gps unit on one of my skid steers and it is great. Can't remember the name off hand but I can check if you like.
I think it would benefit a lot of folks on here to know the name and model number of your GPS tracking device.

Wondering if there's any good news to report since this MV was stolen?

Have those of you getting the informational emails, heard anything new?
Unfortunately, no. But I'll check with some folks to find out if there has been any progress in the investigation.

Last edited:

AZK9

Well... we are now well into the new year and I'm still hopeful that the stolen deuce will
be found by law enforcement and reunited with the rightful owners.

Does anyone have any updated information about this sad situation?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks