• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen Rear Drive Shaft Assembly!

tgtaylor64

Can you believe it? Someone unbolted the conical assembly at the transfer case and stole it along with the rear drive shaft in my M1009. I hate a thief! I had to replace a starter and noticed it while I was under there. Now I need another one. How much will this set me back? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
TT

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was at an apartment I wouldn't be surprised.
Storage lot is an invite.
Sitting in the driveway at a house. That's different and way worse on several levels.
Do all you can to secure it.

They know where it is and they might be back.

I have read elsewhere that after a few parts disappear, they somethings return and steal the whole truck

Shoot straight and dig deep.

cucvrus

I had a friend that was a Pennsylvania State Trooper. Back in the late 70's they stole the transmission from the state police car while it was parked at his house. They did it during the night. That was brave. Surgically removed it and took the entire assembly drive shaft and all. 1979 Dodge St Regis. I have the M1009 parts you need. But I am not sure I can answer this in this post/thread. Let me know either way.

kkcshipp

Wow! Just catching up after a long winter. I can't figure out how to get my rear drive shaft to drop and they stole yours? **** good thieves; but the will get theirs in the end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks