• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stop Lite Switch

bozozimbo

I need a little advice .
I'm guessing the switch on the narrow/front end of the duece airpak is the stoplite switch.
I have had a steady drip from my master cylinder <I thought> and DOT 5 is getting pretty expensive.
Anyway.....I changed my oil today and since I was a greasy mess I checked out the master cylinder. It isnt leaking. What is leaking is the switch on the end of the airpak.....quite a drip too.
Checking with Saturn I see they have a brake switch upgrade kit.
Is this anywhere near the same thing and if not can you guys direct me to where to get a new switch ?

Jimbo

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to speak on the cuff here. If what they have is the upgrade kit, it removes the brakelight switch from the fluid side and places it on the air side of the pack. Advantage, if the brake switch fails, you still have brakes. Disadvantage, if it fails or you're sans air, you have no brake lights. BTW, where are you buying your BFS (DOT5)? You know on the surplus market, it runs around $30 a gallon. Although the switch is somewhat common on the civilian market, it wil not have the military connector on it. Thinking I just saw one on Ebay.

jwaller

I have the hydralic swith I fremoved from mine when I did the saturn upgrade. I'll send it to you if you want it but I'd do the upgrade for the above mentioned reasons.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jimbo, I have a lot of faith in old deuce technology and when an original part fails, I'd like to find out more.
If you don't mind, could you pinpoint the leak a little better? The pressure switch is installed with an 1/8 NPT fitting, is it leaking around the threads or from the electrical connectors?

Thanks!

bozozimbo

cranetruck said:
Jimbo, I have a lot of faith in old deuce technology and when an original part fails, I'd like to find out more.
If you don't mind, could you pinpoint the leak a little better? The pressure switch is installed with an 1/8 NPT fitting, is it leaking around the threads or from the electrical connectors?

Thanks!

Its leaking from the electrical connections......i'm guessing the epoxy finally gave out.

Yes Jwaller I would gladly pay you for your used one. I need to get it on the road as our NG contingent from Iraq is on its way home. The 222nd Field Artillery....and my truck is gonna haul a bunch of them in the big homecoming parade.

Jimbo

bozozimbo

jwaller said:
I have the hydralic swith I fremoved from mine when I did the saturn upgrade. I'll send it to you if you want it but I'd do the upgrade for the above mentioned reasons.

Mr Waller email sent.

jimbo

bozozimbo

bozozimbo said:
jwaller said:

Ive been reading this site for quite some time and have learned an immense amount of info.
I just received a stoplite switch from Jwaller. I really appreciate it John. It works great....no leaks.
For those of you that dont know....these switches come apart with two little screws in the male end. It looks like there may be a replaceable seal....I didnt get that far. Anyway...thanks again John.

jimbo

jwaller

glad you got it and it worked for you . I knew it would as it worked fine for me on my truck. thats what this site is all about