• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stop water on the floor 2 man set up

Dock Rocker

I have seen guys use several layers of weather stripping under the bulkhead. This keeps out the breeze to a certain extent and it also keeps the water from pouring in.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't installed my bulkhead divider yet, but that was my plan. Just take some weatherstripping and put it along the base of the bulkhead and let it seal up the bottom area.

whistlepig

Thanks for the replies. Weatherstripping under the bulkhead should definitely help. Anybody have any ideas on fastening the bottom of the curtain to the floor . Maybe somehow clamping the steel rod insert down to the floor better?

whistlepig

It seems my question got merged into another thread. Sealing the bulkhead is only part of the solution as the curtain is on the inside of the bulkhead ,the wind and water kind of has a pocket between to run into and then under the bottom of the curtain. Still leaving the question of how to seal the actual bottom of the curtain to the floor. Or maybe somehow seal the curtain to the top of the bulkhead? Thanks to everyone that has replied.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It seems my question got merged into another thread. Sealing the bulkhead is only part of the solution as the curtain is on the inside of the bulkhead ,the wind and water kind of has a pocket between to run into and then under the bottom of the curtain. Still leaving the question of how to seal the actual bottom of the curtain to the floor. Or maybe somehow seal the curtain to the top of the bulkhead? Thanks to everyone that has replied.
When I installed my new top, there were two wire brackets that got installed on the floor and the straps/cambinders attach to that. But the MV tops on a HMMWV I think will all leak by design.

whistlepig

Patracy, I guess my question was really how to overcome the design . It's like it needs more attachment points to the floor and /or the top of the bulkhead.

The weatherstripping I used only partly sealed to keep water from seeping into the cab. It was some stuff from home depot and I did three layers. I'm just going to install one of the gunners platforms and strap stuff down above any potential wetness.

The draft on a -10 day never bothered me back in January until the cab blower motor went out. That was a chilly drive home.

Predator42

to keep the draft out use black pipe insulation, cut a slice down it lengthwise if it isn't already there, slide it over the the rear curtain bar and then make sure to strap it down to the footman loops. it also helps when rolling up the curtain. RV supply stores have these as well in longer lengths for insulating hoses when hooked up at the old KOA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks