• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage box repair

67X

Today I started on my storge box repair project. Since I'm planning on painting the truck sometime soon i want to repair as much rusted areas as possible.
I picked up some scrap 1/8" diamond plate steel to replace the rusted bottom of the box. Took some pics cuz eveyone loves pics. I still lhave to strip off the paint before I start welding. Found a bunch of old .223 training shells hiding out in the box was kinda neat.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-doing it to get rid of drain holes? I've found that mine fills up rather quickly on water crossings and drains really slow. I added holes to mine!

67X

finally got the time to finish my box repair..I didn't put any holes in it yet...I don't plan on going thru any water that deep yet...but i will add some holes later. I did save those original marking..ground and painted around that spot. I'm guessing the "RP" means re-paint, but whats "WB" mean?
The paint I used I got from Menards after seeing that Poof used it on his stuff. Like he said they only had it in gloss but for $26/gal was a deal to me. If anyone wants i can take a pic of the mix code lable and post it. did some experiments with painting techniques to dull the gloss. Since i'm in the process of redoing the whole truck.
Got a quote today for a guy to blast the bed of the truck wanted $800! I'm gonna buy a compressor and do it myself.

Attachments