• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Container Pricing

man2112

Who in the **** is pricing storage containers now? For some reason the 16OCT lot has containers in Yermo starting at $5, and other starting at $2050 for the same size...

FloridaAKM

They don't always sell @ each auction either. They get relisted several times before someone with $$$ & a need bids on them. Again, Location, Location, Location! If you are watching & nobody bites, they usually lower the prices, but not always.

My assessment in this particular case is that it's random chance. One container is $4k at opening bid, and another identical one is $5. Same with gensets.
Of course, there is the possibility that nobody is in the market for apples - even if they are really inexpensive.

Sometimes folks just want oranges - regardless of the cost.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If said "apples and oranges" are listed in an upcoming auction, please follow the site rules and NOT post discussion about them.

man2112

Yeah, they've just always started at $5 before. I've noticed that a lot of the items at Yermo have started to have higher opening prices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks